About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married crafter. Our grown daughter is the light of my world. And the fact that our son-in-law gets that makes him pretty special in my book! My daughter shares in my creativity! I've been scrapbooking for over 15 yrs but now mostly make cards to sell. I love mixed media, mini's, and altered art! My favorite thing is to scrap with friends in My Happy Place!

Thursday, July 18, 2013

My Trip to Maiden Rock, Wisconsin

We stayed at The Lodge Retreat!!! It's like a big log cabin inside but really roomy. 7 bedrooms! We all got our own bed :) Yay!!!  This was my 3rd trip up there! And I was in so much pain the last two times but this time I felt great! There was I think 17 of us that went. We got our own big tables to spread out all our scrappy happy stuff! I took tons of my own 'healthy' food so I wouldn't be tempted to go off my diet and I lost 5 more pounds!!! Super thrilled about that! 
This is Paola! We talked non stop but healthy food!!! I loved it! A few of my closest friends on the trip are now inspired to start eating better :D!!! I'm so tickled about that!!! 
My last supper there Paola made me homemade sushi with brown rice!!! Delish!!! :D
My friend Aimee handed me a package backing and said that the grommet was so cool she hated to throw it away and was there anything I could do with this?! "Of course I can", I said :) I decoupaged it with an old dictionary and sprayed it with Tattered Angels spray mists. I added Tim Holtz tissue tape along the bottom and added rows of  lace. My dear sweet friend Liz Cobdono sent me the dress form. I was going to add black gems until I started digging in my treasure chest of bling and found these beautiful pearls with tiny peach roses that I actually bought with sweet Aimee in mind! I tied the laces at the top and was thrilled that Aimee loved it!!! :D Such a wonderful vacation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment